The Effect of Love
Love is the mark of real biblical maturity, and I believe there are three things we must understand to even approach maturity in biblical love.
I. GOD’S LOVE WILL HELP TO CHANGE US.
- In our character. God will use circumstances and people.
- In our Christ-likeness. God will help to apply the Word of God.
In other words, our attitudes and actions will become more like those of Christ. Certain things must never change: our message, mission, and ministry, but our methods always change. A preacher defines himself in his message, not in his method.
II. GOD’S LOVE WILL HELP US TO UNDERSTAND ACTIONS AND ATTITUDES.
We will not always understand everything, but we must learn to be—
- Teachable – because we do not understand it all.
- Faithful – God does not always answer prayer the way we want Him to.
III. GOD’S LOVE WILL OPEN THE DOOR TO GREATER UNDERSTANDING AND LEARNING.
- Love is the key to relationships.
- Love produces
- Love for others
John 13:35, “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”
IV. HOW TO BUILD THIS KIND OF LOVE?
- Through obedience and dependence on God.
- Through the Holy Spirit and diligent study of the Scripture.
To make the love of God an adventure, we must stay in love with Jesus and He will help us to have greater love for Him and for one another.
Share this post
Bro. Nikoley emigrated from Germany to the United States with his family at age 13. He served full time in the Nevada Air National Guard for six years. At age 32, He was saved, and in 1977, he graduated from Bible College. He pastored for over 31 years, 27 of them at Pomerado Road Baptist Church in Poway, California. Bro. Nikoley has served at Golden State Baptist College in the Bible Department and also as the Student Employment Director since 2007. He and his wife Mary have two children and have been married for 58 years.